When it comes to the Hybrid theme framework, I like to move fast. Yes, it’s upgrade time once more, and you’ll like what’s in store this round.
There was very little in the way of bugs in the last version, so that gave me extra time to focus on cleaning up code and adding in a few much-needed enhancements.
Version 0.3.3 enhancements
- Added new widgets that overwrite the default WordPress widgets.
- Post/page author name can be added to your meta tags (see Hybrid Settings).
<meta name="author" content="Justin Tadlock" />
- Blog author’s can now add any XHTML to their profile descriptions.
- Category descriptions can now have any XHTML added.
- Added support for weekly archives in
date.php, the breadcrumb menu, and the browser title.
searchform.php, so users can take advantage WP 2.7’s
- Reduced the left margin on definition lists in the CSS files.
- Added a fluid-width version of the Holy Grail.
Version 0.3.3 bug fixes
- Using category name instead of slug in Bookmarks widget as some category names wouldn’t work.
- Page template is now shown in the body class on the front page.
- Image script updates and code cleanup.
- Moved the Hybrid Settings save button below everything else on the page.
- Added the missing CSS class
- Misspelled instance of WordPress now corrected.
Version 0.3.3 deprecated files
If a file becomes deprecated, it means that it will likely be removed in a later version of the theme. This can either be because it’s no longer useful or has been replaced by a different file.
These files are not adding much to the framework except bulk. They’ll probably be removed when version 0.4 rolls around.
Get the latest version of Hybrid
I know Hybrid has seen quite a few updates, but I simply love working with this theme. Plus, I want to make sure everyone’s using the highest-quality version of the theme possible, free from the bugs that plague other WordPress themes, allowing you to focus on getting your content out there to the world.
So, take a few minutes and upload the latest version to your site.
To upgrade, simply delete your old
hybrid folder and add your new (unzipped) version.
Please enjoy the latest version of the theme. As always, direct your questions to the support forums if you need help with the theme.