After releasing version 0.3 and 0.3.1 to the public, the community has really stepped up and helped steer Hybrid in the right direction. With your help, many bugs have been squashed and new features have been added.
I would almost be willing to call this version 0.4, but I slowed myself down in adding new features to try and keep things moving at a steady pace.
There are quite a few new enhancements and several bug fixes that might be worth looking over.
Version 0.3.2 bug fixes
These are the major ones. Everything else was pretty insignificant.
- Default page menu order is now done by order you specify with your pages.
- Better filtering of text and forms for special and non-English characters.
- Comment author’s name with quotes would cause invalid XHTML.
- Some foreign languages not being saved correctly with post meta boxes.
- More improvements to the
- Pushed the priority of
hybrid_typography()back to 11 (tip from Markus).
"(invalid XHTML) changed to
- A few instances of
get_the_time()in breadcrumb.php weren’t localized.
- Removed call to non-existent
Version 0.3.2 enhancements
get_the_image()call added to
home.phpto allow for child theme control.
- Changed most instances of “comments” to “responses,” which is more semantic.
- Utilitiy inserts (widget sections) available
- Easily add new widget sections to your child theme.
- Makes it easier to target specific areas of your site.
- Added the
get_the_image_argsfilter to the image script.
- New widgets that overwrite the default widgets for more control.
- Bookmarks (Links).
- Renamed a couple of classes in
authors.phpto match theme better.
So, it’s upgrading time
I know I’ve put out three releases of Hybrid in just a few short weeks, but the theme is getting better.
Upgrading is as simple as deleting your previous
hybrid folder and replacing it with the new one. You won’t lose your theme settings or anything.
This is the type of no-hassles upgrading I’ve been raving about.
As always, report bugs and ask support questions in the support forums.