Many of you have asked that I incorporate tabbed widgets into the Hybrid theme much like what exists in Options, Structure, and Visionary. I knew from the moment of building the theme that this was something I’d never want to do.
So, I decided on a compromise — a plugin.
Features of the tabbed widget plugin
This widget is a bit more advanced than the one you’ve seen before in my themes, but the basic concept and usage is the same.
- Custom stylesheets for Hybrid and each of its child themes.
- Ability to have up to 10 tabbed widgets on a page.
- Can have up to 6 tabs per widget (if it fits within your design/layout).
- Bookmarks/Links are separated by link category, so you can create custom lists from your WordPress dashboard.
- Filters so that more advanced users can override the default functionality.
Get the Hybrid Tabs plugin
This is a release for exclusive members only.
It’s still in its beta stage, so I hope some of you can help me find any potential bugs. Most of the testing has been in Firefox, so we’ll need to check out those other browsers as well.
You can currently view a demo of the tabs on the Leviathan theme demo.