It’s been an exciting couple of weeks since the initial launch of the Exhale WordPress theme. Our community here has seen an uptick in new members, and there’s some excitement around the new flagship theme.
Gutenberg plugin development is blazing along too, which is one of the focuses of today’s release. I wanted to make sure users were able to take advantage of Gutenberg 5.5.0’s new features.
Version 1.0.2 is a patch release with a number of bug fixes.
New Gutenberg feature support
Perhaps the most-awaited feature for Gutenberg is its new Group block, which allows you to group several blocks together. This is particularly useful if you want something like a wide-/full-width section with a custom background while keeping the inner content aligned. There’s tons you can do with this block, and I’ll be sure to include some examples in future tutorials.
I’ve also included support for the vertical alignment and image crop features in the Media & Text block. The vertical alignment feature allows you to vertically align the media and text (top, middle, bottom). The image crop feature lets you stretch the image to fill the whole section.
I’ve included a number of bug fixes in this release.
- Corrected the font size for the post title input in the editor.
- Corrected the post title color when focusing in the editor.
- Removed unnecessary padding from Media & Text block content area.
- Adds a max width to the content area of Media & Text block for better alignment on mobile.
- Added left/right padding to footer area to fix mobile spacing.
- Fixed the overlapping of paragraphs with background when used in the Columns block.
- Fixed the negative margins on wrong elements when using the No Post Header/Footer template.
- Fixed several alignment and width issues for the Columns block.
Update your theme
If you’ve already purchased the theme, you can grab an updated ZIP file via your account page. I also recommend using the Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades plugin for easily uploading the new ZIP (WordPress core doesn’t let you update via ZIP at the moment).
Not using Exhale yet? Check out the theme’s features →