Members is a plugin that extends your control over your blog. It’s a user, role, and content management plugin that was created to make WordPress a more powerful CMS.
The foundation of the plugin is its extensive role and capability management system. This is the backbone of all the current features and planned future features.
- Role Manager: Allows you to edit, create, and delete roles as well as capabilities for these roles.
- Content Permissions: Gives you control over which users (by role) have access to post content.
- Shortcodes: Shortcodes to control who has access to content.
- Widgets: A login form widget and users widget to show in your theme’s sidebars.
- Private Site: You can make your site and its feed completely private if you want.