Beta testing the upcoming version of Hybrid 0.6
If you'd like to participate in beta testing, I'm opening this thread up for discussion. This is also the first time since version 0.3 that I've held public beta testing for all members. I'm hoping this will help make the theme better when it's released.
You must be running version 2.8 (trunk) of WordPress to test this theme.
- You must be running version 2.8 (trunk) of WordPress.
- This is not an official theme release.
- This beta version of the theme is not supported in any way (it will be after testing).
- Please do not use this on a live site. It's best to work in a test environment.
- This is the testing thread. We already have an ideas thread on 0.6.
What to test
Well, we're making sure everything works right, but here's a list of the major stuff:
- Every theme setting needs to be checked on the front and back ends to make sure they're working.
- Layout stylesheets (located in
/library/css/) with blank child themes and major browsers.
- Testing of the separation of comments from trackbacks and pingbacks.
- Do all of the page templates work?
- Are widgets working properly (display, settings, etc.)?
- Looking for anything on every type of page view (archive, home, single, etc.).
- Make sure it doesn't break child themes.
Join in and have fun
I'm a big believer in extensively testing a theme before release, especially something like a framework, which goes well beyond your average WordPress theme.
By participating, you're both helping yourself and others. If you find something wrong, then we need to make sure it's fixed before the next release. That way, everybody wins.